The PbS Reentry Award was created in 2016 to provide the little things that we all need but youths leaving juvenile justice rarely have access to. It is designed to make the transition to independent living as smooth as possible. Knowing that so many bumps and barriers already exist, something as simple as sheets and blankets or clothes for an interview or work can make all the difference.
2022 Reentry Award Winners
Thanks to the support of the PbS Education and Employment Foundation, 10 young people across eight states from the following facilities will receive the award in 2022:
- Circleville Juvenile Correctional Facility, Ohio Department of Youth Services
- Ferris School, Delaware Youth Rehabilitation Services Division
- Grand Mesa Youth Services Center, Colorado Division of Youth Services
- Green Hill School, Washington Juvenile Justice and Rehabilitation
- IYC – Harrisburg, Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice
- Juvenile Corrections Center – Lewiston, Idaho Department of Juvenile Corrections
- Kenneth Rubenstein Juvenile Center, West Virginia Bureau of Juvenile Services
- Red Wing Juvenile Facility, Minnesota Department of Corrections
Congratulations to all!
Giving to this award
This award is funded by donations to the PbS Education and Employment Foundation. Visit the foundation's website to learn how you can help more young people reach their full potential.